newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
A man was arrested on Tuesday for disturbing the peace during the procession of Queen Elizabeth II’s body.
Scottish police said the 22-year-old man had been arrested for “disturbing the peace”.
“A 22-year-old man was arrested at approximately 2:50 pm on Monday, September 12, for allegedly disturbing the peace on the Royal Mile,” police said.
“He has been released on the promise that he will appear in Edinburgh Sheriff’s Court at a later date and the report will be sent to the public prosecutor,” Scottish Police said in a statement.
The incident was captured by Holyrood Magazine journalist Chris Marshall.
Charles IIIAccording to the BBC, her royal children also held a memorial service upon their arrival at the church. Queen’s The coffin will remain in the cathedral until Tuesday.
Live update: Queen Elizabeth II: King Charles III travels to Northern Ireland ahead of more funeral preparations
Nearby citizens in the crowd can be seen heckling, and some can be heard singing “God Save the King.”
Prince Harry joins Scottish royal family after Queen Elizabeth II’s death
A man in a blue hoodie was pulled to the ground before being escorted by authorities on Edinburgh’s Royal Mile.
About 20,000 people gathered to pay their respects to the late King as the hearse made the mile trip. Princess Anne’s husband, Vice Admiral Sir Tim Lawrence, was also present. Queen Camillaand Prince Edward’s wife, the Countess of Wessex, got into the car behind the King.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Prince Andrew accused of sexually assaulting a minor in the United States recently settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. However, according to a January 2022 Buckingham Palace statement, his reputation has permanently deteriorated and the Duke of York’s military ties and patronage have been returned to the Queen.