newYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
U.S. travelers are advised to reconsider their travel plans to Mexico, as the U.S. Department of State has issued updated travel advisories for travelers, citing “increased risk of crime and kidnapping.” increase.
The State Department said violent crimes, including murders, kidnappings, carjackings and robberies, were “widespread” in Mexico.
The updated travel advisory includes new information for Coahuila, Mexico, Nayarit, and Zacatecas.
Travelers should “be more careful when traveling” to Coahuila, Mexico and Nayarit, and “not travel” to Zacatecas.
There is also an update on “kidnapping risk” for the states of Colima, Michoacan, Sinaloa, Tamaulipas, Zacatecas, Baja California, Chihuahua, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Sonora, Nuevo Leon, Puebla, Quintana Roo and San Luis Potosi.
Hundreds of Mexican National Guard sent to Tijuana over cartel-fueled violence
According to the advisory, “U.S. citizens are encouraged to follow travel restrictions of U.S. government employees.” This includes using taxi ranks and not traveling alone to remote areas.
The advisory also noted that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has determined that Mexico has high levels of COVID-19 and urged visitors to check for the latest information. travel health information.
Last week, the State Department issued a shelter-in-place order. Alert With reports of “multiple vehicle fires, roadblocks, and heavy police action” in Tijuana and surrounding areas, we are calling on the citizens of the United States.
Mexican President Lopez Obrador urges calm amid cartel violence, US officials told to evacuate on the spot
Reforma reports that about 350 National Guardsmen have been flown in to assist the thousands of federal troops already in Baja California.
There were no reports of injuries in Tijuana, but crime disrupted traffic in the city and temporarily blocked access to the US border crossing.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Here is a list of states in Mexico where travel is not recommended at this time:
· Colima state due to crime or kidnapping.
– Guerrero state due to crime.
– Michoacán due to crime and kidnapping.
– Sinaloa due to crime and kidnapping
– Tamaulipas due to crime and kidnapping.
– Zacatecas due to crime and kidnapping.
– Baja California due to crime and kidnapping.
・ Chihuahua status due to crime or kidnapping.
– Durango state due to crime.
– Guanajuato due to crime and kidnapping.
– Jalisco due to crime and kidnapping.
– Morelos status due to crime.
– Sonora due to crime and kidnapping.
Be extra careful when traveling to:
– Aguascalientes State due to crime.
– Baja California Sur due to crime.
– Chiapas due to crime.
– Coahuila due to crime.
– Hidalgo status due to crime.
– Mexico City due to crime.
– State of Mexico due to crime.
– Nayarit state due to crime.
– Nuevo Leon due to crime and kidnapping.
– Oaxaca due to crime.
– Puebla state due to crime and kidnapping.
– Queretaro due to crime.
– Quintana Roo due to crime and kidnapping.
– San Luis Potosi due to crime and kidnapping.
– Tabasco state due to crime.
– Tlaxcala due to crime.
– Veracruz state due to crime.